2016 certification renewal fees
Renewal by continuous learning (CL)
- CL fee
- CNA members: $317 (+ applicable taxes)
- Non-CNA members:1 $395 (+ applicable taxes)
Renewal by exam
- Exam fee
- CNA members: $570 (+ applicable taxes)
- Non-CNA members: $756 (+ applicable taxes)
- Pearson VUE Test centre fee:2 $105 (+ applicable taxes)
(paid to Pearson Vue at the time of booking)
1 RNs who reside in Ontario and Quebec are not automatically members of CNA but can enjoy significant savings on certification by signing up as a CNA member. Become an independent member today for $54.95 per year (+ applicable taxes). To ensure your certification discount has been processed, please wait 24 hours after joining CNA to apply.
2 Pearson VUE will e-mail you to set up your exam date and location at one of their many writing centres across Canada.
Save with de Souza!
Oncology and hospice palliative care nurses who are CNA members and registered in 2016 de Souza exam preparation study groups save 15 per cent on their CNA certification fee. Visit www.desouzainstitute.com to join a study group.
Sources of financial support
- Employers: You may want to look into the possibility of financial support from your hospital or employer. If your employer is funding your certification (in full or in part), be sure to submit the total amount with your online application.
Each year, CNA gives a health-care facility the Employer Recognition Award for showing exemplary, sustained support of the certification program and CNA-certified registered nurses. If you want to nominate your employer, the nomination form is available on the CNA certification website.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation: CNF awards one bursary per nursing specialty or area of nursing practice to successful certification candidates. To apply, complete the CNF application form at http://www.cnf-fiic.ca. For more information, consult their website or call 613-680-0879.
- Government: Your provincial or territorial government may have funds available for nurses involved in continuous learning, certification or both. For more information, visit your province or territory’s government website or contact its chief nursing officer or nursing regulatory body.
- National nursing specialty association: Some national specialty associations offer funds for nurse members pursuing initial certification or renewal. For more information, visit your national nursing specialty association website.
There is a fee of $27 + applicable taxes for duplication of documentation, such as receipts, certificates or letters. All requests for duplicates must be accompanied by fee payment. Please include your eight-digit CNA certification number when making this request.
Send your request and cheque to:
Canadian Nurses Association
Ottawa, ON K2P 1E2
1. Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call 1-800-361-8404 with your credit card information.